Wednesday, September 30, 2009

jay says: young rival

OK, so I'm a little late with this. yesterday was spent licking wounds, big'ol Jameson wounds. I think I'll leave the nip of the o'l Irish to the potato people from now on. Moving on. Young Rival is a band that I've been into for quite a few years now. I had originally seen them, we'll say six years ago opening for the Burning Brides under their former name The Ride Theory. Their 60's garage/surf style blew the doors off the Shoe that night, and left an impression on moi that survives to this day. Their style has remained mostly the same, well mostly. The addition a few years back of kyle on rhythm guitars, brought more of a pop sound to the band, a good Beatles like pop sound. And then John on bass to complete.
Well, Monday past brought us back to the Shoe. The place was pretty busy for a Monday. The guys were opening up for a band called The Rifles (from the UK I think). They were already rippin into their set when we got there. Of course they were on... FIRE (da na na) playing their asses off to the crowd of typical Horseshoe, to cool for school, arm crossers. Their set was a great mix of older stuff and three or four songs that were new (to me anyway). Due to my drunkenness I totally forgot to get a set list. This makes it extremely hard to review what I heard, so I'm just gonna say it was all good, $10 bucks well spent. ALL MUST SEE THIS BAND!
The pride of Hamilton are Young Rival ( sorry Mr.Venom )

Here's a vid

No comments:

Post a Comment